April 9, 2012

Backyard Ball Run.


Red’s grandpa made him this awesome ball run for the backyard. He got the inspiration from the Lowe’s Creative Ideas Spring 2012 magazine.



He spray painted various pieces of plastic guttering and mounting brackets with plastic spray paint, and then mounted them all to the fence like a marble run.

 



Here are the different items he got to drop in. There are steel fishing sinkers, fishing bobbers that make a rattle sound, gemstones (like in floral vases), and Squinkies. Red will probably make use of the landscaping rocks too. :)



He also got some different scoops, a funnel, squirt bottle, and bucket to dump water down the gutters as well.



And he used a big storage tub to keep it all handy for when Red visits. I see many hours spent here this summer. Thanks Pop Pop and Nana!

11 comments:

  1. What a fun set up! I love it and can only imagine how much Red enjoys playing with it. Visiting from the Weekly Kid's Co-op and very thankful for your sharing.

    I'm Pauline and I blog over at http://lessonslearntjournal.com. May I please feature it (with a picture from your post) as part of my roundup of last week's linky party?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. I'd be honored for you to feature my post in the roundup!

      Delete
  2. All kinds of wonderful! I've just featured it for this week's It's Playtime - thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! I've featured this post on my blog today as one of my favourites in this week's Weekly Kids Co-Op. Thanks for joining in. Please visit and grab an "Ive been featured button"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I added your button to my sidebar!

      Delete
  4. why are the handles there with nothing attached. i want to make one next week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The handles are leftover brackets that we decided to mount as handholds. My little boy is only 2, so he can't reach to put the balls in without a stool. The handles help him keep his balance on the stool.

      Delete
  5. What a great idea my son would go nuts over this idea I do not have a fence like this, but sure I could do something similar somehow. Thanks, Amee Inspired-Housewife

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors! This looks like so much fun! I'll have to add some musical components for my little ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to add some kid-friendly interest along the fence! I like the bright colors, and the open-ended play possibilities.

    ReplyDelete